Time for responsible travelling
Responsibility has been a matter close to our heart at Time Hostel & Apartments ever since we started.
Responsibility in this day and age comes with a number of expectations and requirements.
We at Time Hostel try to meet these requirements and keep up with responsibility issues.
For us, responsibility is something we consider on a daily basis, and we hope that our customers will agree with us on this.
You can read about the ecological, social, cultural and economic principles of our work below.
We are involved in the responsibility programmes of Sustainable Travel Finland and Green Key.
1. Time to be ekological
- Our properties are small and scattered around Jyväskylä. In this way we can ensure the consistency of quality and avoid the impact of mass tourism.
- In the common areas we use Mundus Aer-Air Purifiers and often the old ones are better than the new ones, we also have a lot of green plants to clean the indoor air.
- Our hostel is located in the center of Jyväskylä and it is easy for us to get there by public transport. Of course, if you come with your own car, we also have 4 private parking spaces and the possibility to charge an electric car as well.
- You can easily rent a bicycle from our partner along the same street.
- We recycle waste and hope our customers take this into account. The hallway and kitchen have waste sorting stations where it is easy to sort waste.
- We use environmentally friendly detergents for cleaning. Our shower and hand soaps are also environmentally friendly, not to mention hand towels and toilet paper.
- We wash our bedding and towels locally and our laundry uses environmentally friendly detergents.
- Our water points are water efficient and we also encourage our customers to take this into account by avoiding unnecessary water consumption.
- Our electricity is Väre’s green electricity and all luminaires are equipped with LED bulbs. We also instruct our customers to turn off the lights when they leave. To facilitate this, the lighting of the showers and toilets as well as the common areas has been adjusted for motion detectors.
- We are also moving to solar energy, solar panels are already ordered.
- We offer our customers organic coffee and organic tea roasted by the local Roastery-Papu.
2. Time to be social and part of local communities
- The construction and renovation of the hostel has been done by us or by small local entrepreneurs.
- Everything has been designed by us.
- All the wall and ceiling art in the hostel is by the local entrepreneur Huonosti maalatut seinät.
- We buy our laundry services from a local service provider.
- The common areas are cleaned daily to keep them tidy longer.
3. Time to embrace local culture
- We honour the local culture with the ceiling paintings in the lounge, which illustrate deeds that our city is famous for.
- We recycle old, discarded hotel furniture. Some of the furniture, mirrors and the bases of our lamps are recycled.
- The brochure shelf has a collection of brochures showcasing Jyväskylä and nearby areas, including recommendations of local restaurants.
- Guests are free to use our library and gaming corner. All the books and games have been donated to us. Books can be borrowed and swapped.
4. Time is money
- Our rates are kept reasonable thanks to our self-service hostel principle. Our hostel is keyless, and our customers use a code to enter. Staff is present in the mornings before noon, and at other times we can be reached by phone. You can always call us or send us a message.
- We work in cooperation with other local service providers. You can see the upcoming events on our ad board.
- We actively monitor our customer satisfaction and quickly respond to any feedback (Facebook, Instagram, Booking.com, Google, own communication channels).
- We are applying for the STF and Green Key eco-labels.
- We are in the process of transferring to solar energy. Currently we use green electricity from Väre. We have not been able to replace it with environmentally friendly eco-electricity, because our consumption is too low.
We are open to all feedback.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you feel that there is room for improvement in some area.
Marita +358 40 5555 164 Margo +358 400 640 405 Saara +358 50 910 4901
info (at) timehostel . fi
Kind regards, Time Hostel Team / Marita & Margo & Saara